Director of School Improvement
Required for September 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter
Competitive Salary and relocation package for the right candidate
This is a great opportunity to join Summit Learning Trust in a key senior position at an exciting time for the Trust. We are in the early stages of developing our Summit Professional Learning Institute, and the Improvement Director (secondary and sixth form) will play an important part in driving this ground-breaking new initiative.
The successful candidate will join a high-calibre team of Executive Directors, and will:
- have extensive, successful experience of leading good or better secondary/6th form provision
- be able to evaluate and analyse school standards and data precisely and accurately
- enjoy strong connections with other educational leaders
- have a strong track record of building on good practice and securing rapid improvement in secondary schools
- have the ability to plan precisely and strategically and to realise impact
- be widely-read, and have a keen understanding of current educational matters, particularly in pedagogy and curriculum
- enjoy working collaboratively with enthusiastic and committed Principals and senior leaders
- be a compelling and convincing communicator
- be committed to making a significant contribution to the realisation of the shared Trust vision and strategy
- lead with curiosity, energy and determination
The Summit Learning Trust comprises of three secondary schools, four primary schools and a Sixth Form College. The Trust’s commitment to excellence is recognised nationally and internationally. All schools work in partnership with the Ninestiles Teaching School to support staff development, which further extends the scope of opportunities for career advancement in working with other schools.
Why work for us?
The Trust offers:
- High quality training and support
- Opportunities to work across a number of schools
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount schemes
Closing Date: 12pm on Monday 3rd June 2019
Interview Dates: Thursday 13th and Friday 14th June 2019
If you would like more details about this or for an informal chat with the CEO, please contact Kate Purchase at email@example.com or on 0121 693 1646
Please contact Hrenquiries@summitlearningtrust.org.uk to request an application pack.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check.