Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Required for: September 2019
Salary: GR4 Points 29-37 (FTE £26,470 – £33,136)
Actual salary is £23,652 – £29,608 depending on experience
Hours: 36.5 hours a week term time only
Are you a qualified HLTA, who is enthusiastic, creative, energetic and ambitious?
Erdington Hall is a two form entry, mixed primary school for pupils aged 3 -11. We are one of the family of schools in the Summit Learning Trust and pride ourselves on being an inclusive school. At Erdington Hall we are continually developing ways to ensure our children have the best possible opportunities to be successful. We recognise that through an enriched, varied curriculum, children are challenged. We also ask that children challenge themselves and aspire to be the very best they can be.
You will be part of a very supportive team whose successful aim is to help students reach their full potential within this forward looking school.
To be considered a successful candidate for the HLTA post, you must have:
- experience of working across EYFS, KS1 and/or KS2, working with small groups and providing cover for class teachers
- a Higher Level Teaching Assistant Qualification
- the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve, through your own best practice, in a happy and effective learning environment
- good interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning
- the ability to be a positive role model
- a commitment to contributing to wider life of the school
- the capacity to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the children.
If you are energetic, self-driven and creative, and would like to join us on our journey to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you. Please contact the school office on 0121 464 3122 to arrange an informal visit and to meet our lovely staff and children.
Informal visits will be taking place on Friday 24th May at 1.30pm.
Why work for us?
The Trust offers:
- High quality training and support
- Opportunities to work across a number of schools
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount schemes
How to apply:
For a full description of the role and person specification, please see the accompanying documents.
Please download and complete an application form at the link below.
Closing date is Friday 31st May and interviews will be held W/C 3rd June
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check.