KS1/KS2 Class Teacher – Part Time (3 days)
Required for: September 2019
Fixed Term 1 Year
Are you an experienced or newly qualified teacher, who is enthusiastic, creative, energetic and ambitious?
Erdington Hall is a two form entry, mixed primary school for pupils aged 3 -11. We are one of the family of schools in the Summit Learning Trust and pride ourselves on being an inclusive school. At Erdington Hall we are continually developing ways to ensure our children have the best possible opportunities to be successful. We recognise that through an enriched, varied curriculum, children are challenged. We also ask that children challenge themselves and aspire to be the very best they can be.
You will be part of a very supportive team whose successful aim is to help students reach their full potential within this forward looking school.
We are seeking an enthusiastic part time teacher to join our dedicated and dynamic team which is drawn from across the Trust, to make a real difference to the lives of children at Erdington Hall Primary School. If you are energetic, self-driven and creative, and would like to join us on our journey to make a real difference then please arrange a visit.
Applicants for the post should have up-to-date knowledge and experience across the primary range.
The successful candidate will uniquely, have:
- the opportunity to share planning
- access to high quality CPD
- the opportunity to work within a trust
- be part of our exciting improvement journey
- get support from a strong and dynamic leadership team
- opportunities to work with colleagues in other trust schools
- a clear career pathway and opportunities to take on leadership roles
We are looking for someone who has:
- experience of working in KS1/KS2
- success in raising children’s achievement
- the ability to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve, through your own best practice, in a happy and effective learning environment
- good interpersonal skills and a commitment to working as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning
- the ability to be a positive role model
- high expectations of themselves and the children they teach and has an enthusiastic outlook
- a creative approach to the curriculum and delivering learning in exciting ways
- a commitment to contributing to wider life of the school
- the ability to work flexibly in order to meet the needs of the children.
About the Trust
The Summit Learning Trust comprises of three secondary schools, four primary schools and a Sixth Form College. The Trust’s commitment to excellence is recognised nationally and internationally
Why work for us?
The Trust offers:
- High quality training and support
- Opportunities to work across a number of schools
- Employee assistance programme
- Employee discount schemes
Professional Learning Institute
Summit Learning Trust is currently developing our innovative Professional Learning Institute. This exciting initiative will drive our focus on the highest quality professional learning for all staff, at all stages, across all our schools.
Early Career Framework
Following the launch of the DfE’s Early Career Framework we are delighted that Summit Learning Trust has been chosen to be part of a pioneering Education Endowment Fund research project in conjunction with Ambition Institute.
If the potential of this role excites you, we would love to hear from you. Please contact the school office on 0121 464 3122 to arrange an informal visit and to meet our lovely staff and children.
Informal visits will be taking place on Monday 17th June at 10.00am and 4.00pm.
Interested? Please download an application form at the link below….
Closing date is Thursday 27th June at 12.00pm and interviews will be held Friday 5th July.
We are an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender reassignment, age, disability, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy/maternity or race.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and we expect all applicants to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, including a Children’s barred list check.